Shopping for a Bucket Bag
Since a few weeks ago, I have been a little over thinking about getting a bucket bag, because I love how it looks with outfits and the idea of it but is not a model at all that's going to be timeless and stay in my wardrobe forever, and additionally for some reason I feel they are overpriced.
So I decided t go through the bags I have been considering, talking about my pros and cons and showing you my final decision.
1. Nico Giani Bucket Bag (Big one):
- Haven't seen it in person.
- A Fairly unknown brand that could be difficult for resale.
- Don't know if it will hold it's value.
- Structure and steady form that I like the most.
- Internal closure to avoid things falling out.
- Short fat handle to be more comfortable.
- Long handle for crossbody and shoulder wear.
- Tan color for more versatility.
2. Simon Miller Bonsai Bag 20:
- Doesn't has a top closure.
- Doesn't has a long strap.
- It's the expensives option.
- Don't know if it will hole it's value.
- Very lightweight.
- Tan color for versatility.
- Very comfortable handles.
- Very interesting handles.
- Is not structure so is good for traveling.
- Very popular right now and easy to resale.
3. Meli Melo Santina Bag:
- Light and easy to match color.
- Top handle and long strap versatility.
- Scratch proof leather.
- Different looking leather.
- Has an internal bag for safety.
- Loose it's shape when carried by the top handle.
- Won't hold it's value (already saw it in a resale web for half of the price and has weeks there without been sold).
- Haven't seeing it in person.
4. Top Shop Bucket Bag
- Internal bag for safety.
- Internal zip pocket.
- Top handle and long handle for versatility.
- Chubby top handle for comfort.
- The cheapest of them all.
- Structure and steady form that doesn't loss it's shape.
- Doesn't matter if it doesn't holds it's value.
- It's not real leather.
- Can get a little bit heavy.
- Looks cheap in person.
As you can appreciate in the previous photo, I went for the Topshop option, what is not so much like me this last years (since I haven't bought a fast fashion bag in at least 4 years), but I don't know I feel like this model of bag is not worth the amount of money that a designer one costs and at the same time I wanted to incorporate the style to my outfits, because I really really like it and feel that looks good.
So I decided that I could go for the Topshop aproach and decide if I really like it, to further in the future invest in the real deal.
What am I Wearing?